Judi Schweitzer – MRED, AMDP, CGBP
Judi G. Schweitzer has been pioneering sustainable real estate development practices since the early 1990’s and is a recognized global leader in the field. She advises public agencies, universities, utilities, landowners, capital providers and organizations in optimizing their triple bottom-line value of implementing sustainability with sound real estate decision-making.
Judi founded Schweitzer + Associates, Inc. (www.schweitzer-associates.com) in 2006 to apply her 25+ years of experience in real estate development, land use entitlements, underwriting due diligence, design, and economics to the challenges facing owners of legacy properties, their teams and stakeholders. With her clients, Judi creates projects that are innovative and economically viable, environmentally responsible, and socially valuable for today and tomorrow.
Judi is sought out for her ability to sort through the information and separate “fact from fiction”. She discovers the most cost efficient path to implement a sustainable plan for a project. As a sought-after collaborator, Judi is an integral part of development teams providing valuable management and leadership skills. She has advised state, national and global organizations such as AECOM, Chevron Land and Development, County of Orange, Davis Energy Group, Lewis Operating Corp., Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Rancho Mission Viejo, Tejon Ranch, CALPers, CPUC, CEC, BOMA, DOE, and others.
- Advanced Management Development Program (AMDP) in Real Estate Development, Harvard University, Graduate School of Design, Executive Education, Cambridge, MA
- Master of Real Estate Development (MRED), University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Science – Economics, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
- Certificates: Certified Green Building Professional, National Charrette Institute – Charrette System Program
- 2017 Spring Faculty – PPD 132/ESS 182 Sustainability II Lecturer, UC Irvine, CA
- California Building and Standards Commission, Three time Governor Appointee to California Green Building Standards Code Advisory Committee, 2008-Present
- Truman State University, President’s Sustainable Action Committee Member, MO, 2007-Present
- Schweitzer & Associates, Inc. – “US Niche Advisory Firm of the Year”, ACQ Global Awards 2017
- Judi Schweitzer, Schweitzer & Associates, Inc. – “US Gamechangeer of the Year”, ACQ Global Awards 2017
- California Excellence Award 2016 – Excellence in Client Services, Awarded by AEI
- Judi Schweitzer, Schweitzer & Associates, Inc. – “US Gamechangeer of the Year”, ACQ Global Awards 2015
- Schweitzer & Associates, Inc., “Best Green Real Estate Consultancy” + “Leaders in Eco-Value Engineering”. Build Construction & Engineering Awards, 2015
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) – Full Member, Sustainable Development Council – Vice Chair
- UC Davis Energy Efficiency Center
- UC Davis California Lighting Technology Center
- UC Irvine, Lecturer Faculty – Spring 2017 PPD 132/ESS 182 Sustainability II
- STAR Communities Advisory Council